Our national client is looking to recruit and experienced and motivated Problem Manager for the opportunity to join one of the most talented and dynamic teams supporting a prestigious programme.
In the role of Problem Manager you will work closely with other functions within Operations, and Service Provider teams to become a key figure in for delivering excellent customer service. This is an exciting opportunity in a highly dynamic environment with a multi-layered systems landscape.
You will have the ability to operate at a level that provides a strategic view across this complex landscape combined with the drive and determination to absorb a significant amount of information to ensure high quality service delivery and improvement of customer service satisfaction (both internal and external).
- Manage operational process for Problem Management and ensure these are adopted and adhered
- Training the IT Operations teams in Problem Management and root cause methodologies
- Identification and definition of both Reactive and Proactive Problem Records
- Responsible for the end-to-end management of all Problems
- Work to complete a quick assessment of risk to ascertain the urgency of the Problem Record
- Assignment of ownership for resolving problems and follow up activity to ensure that the goals for problem resolution are met including escalation when required.
- Complete Root Cause Analysis through working with SME teams to identify the actions and subsequent tracking of those actions until the risk has been permanently removed
- Confirm categorisation of Problem Records
- Identification and gaining business/industry agreement on required workarounds including through the Smart Energy Code Modification process if required.
- Analyse incident records to determine any trends or apparent problems that occur, seeks rectification with relevant parties.
- Develop reports on Problem Records for distribution within the energy industry
- Produces regular and accurate management reports for use in managing the problem management process
Essential Skills Required;
Must have recent Problem Management Experience and worked at similar level.
Operational role, Processes driven.
Good in depth ITILV3 experience, relevant ITIL certifications ideally.
Any BMC Remedy experience or similar would be advantageous.